This vegan, paleo 5 ingredient granola recipe is sweetened with dates instead of refined sugar, made with leftover almond pulp and absolutely delicious. Great for breakfast, snacking or dessert!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After making your almond milk, set almond pulp aside and add walnuts, salt and dates into your high-speed blender. No need to wash it after making almond milk.
- Pulse until a coarse mixture forms. you may need to stop and stir up the mixture and/or scrape down the sides a couple times.
- Add almond pulp and vanilla extract to blender and pulse until a grainy mixture forms.
- Dump mixture onto lined baking sheet and break up with your hands to form a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes then stir/break up mixture into small pieces.
- Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for at least 15 minutes and store in a sealed container on the counter for a week, or in the freezer for a up to 6 months.
If you didn’t add coconut oil to your almond milk while making, add ½ teaspoon to the blender when you add the vanilla extract and almond pulp.
If you would rather make this in a food processor, follow the same steps. The process is a bit quicker since the nuts and dates mix a bit better there, but I like to do it in the blender, so I don’t have to clean another tool.
Feel free to store leftover almond pulp for up to 5 days in the refrigerator before making this granola.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: granola
- Method: high-speed blender/oven
- Cuisine: breakfast
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 307
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 195mg
- Fat: 20.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 26.8g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 7.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: almond pulp granola recipe, paleo granola, gluten free granola recipe without oats